Whether you are a student, emerging professional, experienced planner, manager, or elected/appointed official, we invite you to take advantage of the many resources that are available through APA Indiana:
- Indiana Chapter Planning Conferences – Conferences are held twice a year in the spring and fall. Our conferences provide valuable professional development opportunities and networking with planners from around the state.
- Regional Events – Hosted at various locations throughout the state each year, our regional events provide the opportunity for planners to network with peers from their own region and earn certification maintenance credits close to home.
- AICP Certification & Scholarship – The American Institute of Certified Planners Certification is the only nationwide, independent verification of planners’ qualifications, and on average, AICP-certified planners earn $16,000 more annually than non-certified planners. A need-based scholarship is available through APA Indiana each year for planners wishing to apply and take the AICP exam.
- Legislative Tracking – Our Legislative & Policy Committee tracks key bills that impact planning in Indiana.
- Citizen Planner Guide – This online booklet is part of a series of publications from APA Indiana that can be used as training materials for citizen planners, including plan commission and board of zoning appeals members, neighborhood organizations and citizen committees. These materials contain information specific to Indiana.
- Bluebooks – Bluebooks are annotated Planning and Zoning Code Laws made available for sale and include sections of Indiana Code that are most relevant to planners
- Indiana Planning Listserv – The Indiana Planning Listserv is a resource that allows planners to ask questions and receive responses from colleagues across the state. Topics across a broad spectrum are discussed on the listserv, ranging from guidance on interpretation of Zoning Ordinances and discussion of emerging topics and issues affecting the planning profession
- E–Newsletter – Email newsletters include planning-related news from around the state, upcoming events, job opportunities, and more
- Job and RFP/RFQ Postings
For more information, contact email@example.com