INDIANA CHAPTER - AMERICAN PLANNING ASSOCIATION Welcome to APA Indiana
The Indiana Chapter of the American Planning Association advocates for good planning to make for great communities.
Our vision and leadership fosters better planning in Indiana by building public and political support for sound planning and providing our members with the tools and support they need to advance the profession.
Our Vision - guiding principals for our work:
- APA Indiana strives to be the authority on innovative planning that rises to today’s challenges and meets emerging needs.
- Planning is the best way of using public resources to create vital communities.
- APA Indiana and its members are leading the way toward a stronger economy, a better environment, and a more equitable society.
- APA Indiana wants to give communities the confidence that good planning will help them make wise decisions and sound investments to reach their goals.
Our Values - we believe that:
- Planning is a critical function of government, citizens, and the private sector;
- Planning brings forth the best ideas by balancing varied interests and resources;
- Planning is objective and open-minded;
- Planning is comprehensive, inclusive, and empowering; and
- Planning values the diversity of Indiana’s communities, cultures and places.